- BLACK RIMS: They may not help you go faster, but the sweet black DID DirtStar rims sure look good.
- LOWER SEAT / NARROWER BODY: Fine tuning the seat height and narrowing the bodywork makes it easier for you to move around on the bike and help enhance rider comfort.
- DETAILED BODYWORK MOUNTING: It may seem like a small thing, but every second counts when you’re servicing your bike between motos. Fewer bolts mean enhanced serviceability, at the track or in your garage.
- FLAT SEAT / TANK JUNCTION: The 2023 CRF250R features a flat seat/tank junction, including a titanium fuel tank. The superior ergonomics make it easier to move forward and back on the bike, increasing your control.
- “IN MOLD” GRAPHICS: With all the time you’ll be spending in victory circle, you need to look your best. The CRF250R has you covered. Our “in mold” graphics look great, and stay looking good. Plus for 2023 we’ve updated them to better match with our open-class CRF450R.
- REAR SUBFRAME: The CRF250R’s subframe uses extruded rear members that produce a 20-percent reduction in weight versus the previous generation. Since that weight comes off the top of the bike, it also contributes to the CRF250R’s low center of gravity.
- SMOOTH STYLING: Blending the CRF250R’s body panels does more than just make the bike look smooth, fast, and stylish. It also helps you move around on the bike while riding. Nothing wrong with smooth, fast, and stylish, though.
- NINE-PLATE CLUTCH ASSEMBLY: Say good-bye to clutch fade—the bike uses a nine-plate design to improve durability and hookup. That means less slip at peak horsepower, better torque transmission through the clutch pack and greater durability. Plus, the clutch pull is lighter, and you get improved engagement feel.
- BIG BORE / SHORT STROKE: The CRF250R’s 79.0mm bore and short 50.9mm stroke let our engineers create a high-revving engine with plenty of room for large valves. The engine breathes and revs—the two keys to making power in the motocross world.
- DOHC ENGINE LAYOUT: The CRF250R uses a double-overhead-cam (DOHC) engine layout with a unique finger-follower rocker design. Together with the rest of the engine’s architecture (bore and stroke, intake tract, piston, and more), you get more power and a higher redline.
- DOWNDRAFT INTAKE AND EXHAUST LAYOUT: The DOHC cylinder-head design let our engineers straighten out the CRF250R’s intake and exhaust tracts. The intake is short and just about arrow straight, and the exhaust flows more efficiently too. The straighter ports also help boost low-speed and midrange torque as well as throttle response.
- SINGLE-MUFFLER EXHAUST: Using a pressed-alloy design lets us shape the muffler for better rider ergonomics and lighter weight.
- SINGLE-PIPE EXHAUST: Along with the single-muffler exhaust, the CRF250R naturally uses a single-pipe header. It routes close to the center of the bike, and its light overall construction helps improve weight distribution.
- WIDER WATER-PUMP DRIVE GEARS: Making the water-pump drive gear wider gives it more tooth-engagement area for longer component life.
- ENGINE MODE SELECT BUTTON: This simple handlebar-mounted button lets you dial in engine power delivery character with a push of your thumb. Choose between Standard, Smooth and Aggressive, depending on track conditions.
- ENGINE OIL SCAVENGE PUMP: Deep in the engine, there’s a special oil scavenge pump. While you may never see it, it helps keep the CRF250R’s overall design compact.
- SPECIAL PRIMARY AND TRANSMISSION RATIOS: To handle more broad midrange power and torque, the CRF250R gets special primary and transmission ratios. The ratios let our engineers use the same shaft centerlines as the previous design, so the transmission itself remains light and compact.
- TWO-LEAD SHIFT DRUM: By changing from three to two lead tracks on the shift drum, we improved the shift feel between second and third gears.
- GEAR-POSITION ENGINE MAPPING: Talk about smart: The CRF250R features an ECU with special engine mapping for each gear. You can’t give an inch in this class, so having your engine deliver optimal power for each gear choice is one of the features that separates CRF250R riders from the rest.
- “H” SECTION CRANK: Look closely at the CRF250R’s crankshaft profile and you’ll see its “H” cross-section design. What’s up with that? Just like a structural “I” beam in an aircraft wing or a skyscraper, it boosts strength and cuts weight over a conventional crank’s shape—a big deal when you consider this part spins at over 14,000 rpm!
- LITHIUM-ION BATTERY: Like the rest of the CRF250R, the bike’s Lithium-Ion battery is both super light and high performing. In fact, it weighs less than half the weight of a conventional lead-acid battery.
- SHARED ENGINE / GEARBOX LUBRICATION: The 2023 CRF250R uses a shared engine/transmission oiling design. Why? Combining the two systems shaves weight and helps make the engine more compact, especially when it comes to placing the right-side cam drive and the clutch so close together.
- TITANIUM FUEL TANK: Every gram counts on a bike in the 250 class, which is why the 2023 CRF250R has a titanium fuel tank. Light and strong, it’s also thinner than our previous plastic unit, freeing up more space and helping to centralize fuel mass.
- TITANIUM INTAKE AND EXHAUST VALVES: Light is right when it comes to a high-revving engine’s reciprocating masses. That’s why the CRF250R uses titanium intake and exhaust valves. Plus, the valve angle is a super-narrow 20.5 degrees (included). Ovalized valve springs and long-wearing Diamond-Like Carbon (DLC) treated finger rockers complete the package.
- TOTAL AIR MANAGEMENT: Total air management means complete attention to how efficiently air gets through the intake, through the head, and out the exhaust. Eliminate losses here, and you make more power everywhere. And the best part? It’s free horsepower—you just need a bike with smart design.
- SUPERIOR FRAME RIGIDITY: Great handling starts with a superior frame, and that’s one place where the CRF250R’s chassis puts you out front. First, it’s light. By making the frame’s main spars narrow, we save weight, but more importantly we made the chassis more responsive by fine-tuning the lateral rigidity. The result is a bike that gets into, around, and out of corners faster.
- SHOWA® SPRING FORK: The 49mm Showa® fork features a conventional spring design that helps increase the CRF250R’s front-suspension precision, handling and feel. The fork’s 39mm piston diameter and 25mm rod diameter are designed to provide a plush feel and supple action.
- REAR SUSPENSION: Our Pro-Link design lets us give the 2023 CRF250R 12.3 inches of suspension travel, along with a lightweight spring. All resulting in a plush, controlled ride.
- SINGLE EXHAUST ROUTING: The CRF250R’s single-pipe exhaust lets you move more freely on the bike. By tucking it in unobtrusively, it makes moving around on the bike easier than ever.
- 260MM FRONT BRAKE: The CRF250R’s large front-brake disc measures a whopping 260mm. You get great brake feel and a pattern that cuts down on weight. Front and rear brake-disc guards are part of the package too.
- LOWER BATTERY MOUNTING: To keep a bike’s center of gravity low, you need to pay attention to all the details. That’s why we locate the CRF250R’s battery low in the chassis. It’s just another reason why the bike handles so well.
- LOW REAR SHOCK MOUNT: With its low rear shock mount on the frame, the CRF250R benefits from both a lower center of gravity (cg) as well as chassis stability.
- PIRELLI SCORPION MX32 TIRES: The 2023 CRF250R comes equipped with Pirelli Scorpion MX32 tires front and rear. The tread patterns and compounds are designed to offer good grip and feedback in a wide range of conditions and track surfaces.
- SHORT SWINGARM: The CRF250R’s short swingarm helps make it light, and also helps give the bike better rear-wheel traction, and reduces unsprung mass, important considering how much power you have on tap.
- FUEL INJECTION SYSTEM: By installing the CRF250R’s fuel injector at a 60-degree angle, the injector sprays fuel all the way back to the throttle butterfly. The engine gets a cooler, denser fuel charge for more power and better torque. It’s little details like this that put the CRF250R up front.
- BRIDGED-BOX PISTON: The CRF250R’s bridged-box piston is the final piece to the bike’s engine performance package. The design features a reinforcing structure between the skirts and the wrist-pin bosses that helps enable the CRF250R’s high redline.
- HIGH REDLINE: With our better-breathing DOHC design and the big-bore/short-stroke engine, the CRF250R’s rev limit is way impressive. The same goes for peak power and peak torque.
- HIGHER-CAPACITY RADIATOR: When you’re making big power and riding long motos, you need plenty of radiator capacity to keep your engine running strong. No worries—the 2023 CRF250R features six percent more radiator area than the earlier generation’s design.
- HIGH-PERFORMANCE CAM PROFILES: With input directly from our HRC factory team, we’ve given the CRF250R cam profiles that help the engine produce better bottom end torque and power, while still retaining the CRF250R’s screaming peak.
- HIGH-VOLUME AIRBOX AND AIR CLEANER: The CRF250R features an air-cleaner element with plenty of surface area and volume. Plus, the airbox itself has a whopping 78 percent more capacity than the 2021 design. More air equals more power, especially in the midrange. In addition, we’ve made it easier to service the air filter too.
- MORE POWER: Feel free to hold that throttle open and head for the first turn—the CRF250R is designed to win that critical holeshot drag race. You’ll also feel the increased low-end to mid-range torque.
- THROTTLE BODY: With a 44mm venturi designed to speed up airflow, the CRF250R’s throttle body really reaps benefits at low engine operating speeds. You get power and snap, right now.
- HRC LAUNCH CONTROL: We’re talking about a special ECU program here: push the button to select the mode, hold the throttle open, release the clutch, and the CRF250R will do the rest, launching you into the first turn with a big advantage. It turns your bike into a holeshot-seeking machine!
- ELECTRIC START: The CRF250R is equipped with an effortless electric starter. Convenient and lightweight, it’s a huge deal if you need to restart a stalled bike in the heat of battle.
There are no reviews yet.