- A narrow frame combines thin chrome-moly steel tubes for exceptional torsional rigidity with minimal weight. The backbone tube, front down tube, and steering head gussets form the dry-sump engine oil tank. A bolt-on aluminum sub-frame helps reduce weight and simplify maintenance.
- Long travel (11.3-inch), 49mm cartridge-style fork has protective rubber boots plus adjustable compression/rebound damping and adjustable spring preload for smooth performance on all types of on- and off-road terrain.
- Rear shock absorber features 11.6 inches of travel, compression damping/preload adjustments, and connects to a lightweight aluminum swingarm through a progressive linkage system.
- Spoke-style 21-inch front and 18-inch rear wheels with new blacked-out aluminum rims are fitted with Dunlop D208 dual-purpose tires. The wheels are sized perfectly to accept popular dual sport tires and are set up to accept rim-locks when a more aggressive tread pattern is used.
- Sure stopping power is supplied by a 250mm front disc with a dual-piston caliper and a 220mm rear disc brake with a single-piston caliper.
- Special design mirrors rotate to avoid damage in case of impact.
- A pouch on the rear fender carries the tool kit, owner’s manual, or other cargo.
- Off-road inspired Suzuki Champion Yellow or Solid Black bodywork has daring contrasting graphics.
- Electric start system provides convenient operation and features a lightweight starter motor and a compact, 6.5-amp, maintenance-free battery.
- Compact digital instrument cluster includes speedometer, odometer, twin-trip meters with addition/subtraction capability, clock, timer, and stopwatch functions.
- On-road legal lighting includes bright 60/55-watt H4 halogen headlight, compact tail/stoplight, lightweight, rubber-mounted turn signals, and horn.
- A compact design, 398cc, DOHC, liquid-cooled, dry-sump engine produces strong low-rpm power. Its compact, four-valve cylinder head features large 36mm intake valves and 29mm exhaust valves to help produce broad, tractable power and torque that’s ready for any terrain.
- Simple electric starting via a lightweight starter motor with an automatic mechanical decompression system.
- Suzuki Composite Electrochemical Materials (SCEM) cylinder is durable and lightweight and provides superior heat transfer.
- Digitally-mapped DC-CDI system monitors throttle position/engine rpm and adjusts ignition timing to maintain efficient combustion.
- Forged aluminum piston is 10 percent lighter than a cast piston and receives additional oil-cooling through a crankcase oil jet.
- Fed by a six-liter air box, the Mikuni™ 36mm carburetor incorporates a deceleration enricher circuit to help provide smooth throttle response when accelerating or engine braking.
- The left side body cover has quick-release fasteners for easy access to the air filter.
- The use of a PAIR (air supply) system to the exhaust helps the motorcycle achieve emissions compliance without affecting performance.
- Magnesium-alloy clutch, magneto, and cylinder head covers contribute to the bike’s low weight.
- Thermostatically-controlled cooling fan mounted to the left radiator helps maintain consistent operating temperature.
- Compact, liquid-cooled, 398cc, single engine produces widespread power
- Electric starting and street-legal lighting
- Narrow and strong chrome-moly frame
- Fully adjustable, off-road capable suspension
- Black, spoke-style wheels with 21- and 18-inch aluminum rims
- 12-month limited warranty. Longer coverage periods with other benefits available through Suzuki Extended Protection (SEP).* (*Subject to separate coverage for certain parts and the exclusions and limitations described in the New On-Road Motorcycle Limited Warranty.)
- Compact, five-speed transmission utilizes a cable-operated clutch with a separate magnesium outer cover for simplified clutch maintenance.
- Low-maintenance, long-life sealed O-ring type drive chain produces minimal sounds when riding.
There are no reviews yet.